Monday, October 20, 2014

4 days off sugar....

So the more thought I've given it, I have decided to go off sugar as best as I can. For now I'm defining that as "obvious" sugary food: desserts, pastries, muffins, donuts (ACK!), candy, icecream, soda (regular and diet since the diet just makes me want sugary foods)...

I'd started using coffee creamer again (I'd been off of it for months) and I think that was adding more fuel to the desire for candy and sugar. In fact, I was having 2-3 cups of coffee just for the creamer. When I drink it black with stevia, I only have a cup.

I realize that sugar-free sometimes means people using aspartame or other sugar substitutes. I'm trying to not go that route. I think that the sweetness just makes me want more, whether it's real or fake.

Since my big-picture-goal is to be un-obsessed with food and weight loss,  I don't want to get nuts over checking labels stringently and being obsessed with hidden sugar in items.  Yes, sugar is in just about everything. And, yes, I should eat less processed foods. So for now the goal is to avoid obvious sugar, make healthy choices and continue to work on eating when at zero and stopping at "5".

No comments: