Thursday, September 18, 2014

Giving myself permission....

Pop of Color

So I have a confession: I'm a closeted clothes horse. I love fashion. I love color. I love the big labels. I can waste time on Polyvore like nobody's business!
The problem, though, is that this is all fantasy. Apart from the fact that I can't afford to make my Pinterest wardrobe a reality, I don't have the body to pull it off.  I tell myself that my body doesn't fit into this fashion. And to some extent, this is true. I am a size 16 in a world that demands 0's & 2's.
Lately I've realized that I will never change what the "industry" says is beautiful. And that's fine. But I am allowed to have my own opinions. I'm allowed to love beautiful things. I'm allowed to want to look lovely in this body, while not engaging in unhealthy eating practices. I am giving myself permission to stop subjecting myself to fashion's mindset.

I can be me.

No comments: