Sunday, September 14, 2014

Stop when full?


  • GOAL FOR THIS WEEK:
    "Eat when hungry and stop when moderately full. This sometimes requires enormous persistence and faith to learn and practice, but self-trust and wholeness depend upon it." (EDA literature http://www.eatingdisordersanonymous.org/publications/Suggestions%20for%20Recovery.pdf )

    Why is this always the hardest thing for me? Something about listening to my body and stopping when it's done, feels like punishment or deprivation. Why stop when there's more food on the plate?
    But if I listen to the food I am letting an outside voice become louder and more prominent than my own body's voice. 

    That's not peace.
    That's not freedom.
    It's definitely not wholeness.
    Who listens to food anyways? 
    Why am I letting a French fry boss me around?
    Or a donut declare my worth? 

No comments: