Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Little victories

This project of being more aware of my body's signals has been difficult. I don't know why, but it seems like I'm programmed to  listen to everything BUT myself.

Sunday night though, we had some lasagna for dinner. I slowed down and paid attention to my plate. I noticed that the pasta actually didn't taste great---too soft and bland. I found myself pulling out the ricotta filling & eating only that with the meat sauce. I left a white, mushy pile of lasagna noodles on the plate.  I found the same thing happening last night with my dinner.

Paying attention is making me pickier. It's kind of exciting to see that I have preferences. I don't have to just eat it because it's available, in front of me, on my plate, etc.

Does anyone else out there find themselves ignoring/downplaying their preferences?

No comments: